Welcome to the Holy Name of Mary Website. Holy Name of Mary is a Catholic Elementary School in the Diocese of Rockville Centre. We serve students from the age of 3 (Nursery Program) through grade 8. Our goal is to create a faith filled learning environment where students are able to excel academically. Enjoy perusing our class pages and our pictures. If you would like to come in and tour our school, call 516-825-4009 and the school secretary will make arrangements for you. All are welcome!
Saturday, December 3rd 2016
Holy Name of Mary
$10,000 Raffle Drawing
Breakfast with Santa
Hot Buffet Breakfast
Games and Crafts
Story time and pictures with Santa
Performance by our school choir
Only $5 per person.
Entrance must be purchased in advance using form that will be mailed home with raffle tickets.
Click below to volunteer to help with Breakfast with Santa
Sign Up Genius - Breakfast
Dear Holy Name of Mary Families,
Let’s start the month of November with an attitude of gratitude! We are so thankful for the many wonderful things that took place during the month of October.
- Mrs. Gallo and Mrs. Cassazza began a math club for our younger students. The students are enjoying every session. Combine some fun with learning and that equals success!
- Mrs. Powell and Mrs. Magno are facilitating a school newsletter written by a staff of HNOM students. We are all looking forward to the first edition!
- The play “The Little Mermaid” has been cast, and Mrs. Stein and Miss Hahl are excited to begin rehearsals this month.
- The IOWA’s, Cogats, and the most popular of tests, the Catholic High School Entrance Exams are complete. Our students were well prepared. Thank you to Miss Ohlandt and all the teachers who proctored the Cogat’s and the IOWA’s. Thank you to Mrs. Stein and Miss Ciminelli for making sure our Eighth Graders were well prepared for the Catholic High School Entrance Exams.
- Mrs. Carey, assisted by several PTL parents, worked very hard to make the Scholastic Book Fair a success! Many of the teachers are using books that they were able to procure for their classrooms because of your generosity.
- On Saturday, October 29 the halls and the gym were filled with ghosts, ninjas, princesses and other creative characters celebrating Halloween. Thank you Mrs. Llewelyn and our very busy PTL parents for a safe, fun and festive Halloween celebration! The school Halloween Outdoor Parade was enjoyable for all who lined Grove Street to catch a glimpse of the Nursery, Pre-K and Kindergarten students in full costume.
- The sacrament of Confirmation was conferred upon 101 Holy Name of Mary School and Religious Education students, by Bishop Robert Brennan, on Saturday, October 29. May the gifts of the Holy Spirit enliven your hearts and your minds now and always.
Please join us on Wednesday, November 23 at 10:00 am in the church to celebrate a Mass of Thanksgiving.
School is closed on November 11 - Veterans’ Day
School is closed on November 17 - Diocesan Teacher Conference Day
11:30 Dismissal on November 23, school closed on 11/24, 11/25 – Thanksgiving Holiday
Yours in Christ,
Mrs. Pamela Sanders
Registration is now open for:
Nursery & Pre-K and Kindergarten – Grade 7
Registration information has been sent home to current families and will be available during our open houses for perspective families. Registration information is also available on our website. If you have any questions, please call Mrs. Bagwandeen at 825-4009.
Please click on the Admissions Tab to find out information on how to register your child at Holy Name of Mary School!
THE PONTIFICAL MISSION SOCIETIES
MISSION OFFICE OF THE DIOCESE
has announced that the
Holy Name of Mary School
are their #1 Fundraising Participants.
School Board Vacancy Announcement
There are currently (8) Open School Board Positions.
Each School Board Member is required to chair one committee of the school board.
The vacant committee chairs are:
- 1. Building and Capital Improvement Committee
- 2. Legislative Action Committee
- 3. Public Relations and Marketing
- 4. Alumni Committee
- 5. Development Committee (Fund Raising)
- 6. Enrichment Committee
For more information click on the blue school board tab.